A Spin the Wheel campaign offers your customers a chance to instantly win from your configured prizes when they transact in line with your business goals.
Here’s how it works:
- You are able to set the valid dates and minimum transaction value that customers must spend to be able to Spin the Wheel.
- Once the payment is complete, the customer will get a push notification to tell them that they have a ‘spin’ waiting for them in their app. All they have to do is open the app and shake or tap their phones to spin the wheel and find out if they won a prize.
- If it’s a “WIN”, the winning message and the prize appear. The prize is instantly added to the customer’s profile, and recorded in their activity feed.
- It is up to you to choose the win rate of each prize (detailed in the below section) you want to offer. The prizes are then randomly distributed.
- If it’s a “LOSE”, the losing message is displayed. We recommend keeping this percentage low. Everyone likes to be a winner, even if it’s only a nominal prize of points or stamps!
- If customers close the app without spinning the wheel, an in-app message will be displayed reminding them to participate in the game. After having played, the activity is recorded in the activity feed.
Why should I run a Prize Draw Campaign?
Prize Draw campaigns can improve your business metrics by:
- Increasing transaction frequency and value
- Increasing customer engagement
- Hype and social media engagement
- Rewarding loyal customers
What prizes can I offer?
It’s possible to have 3 different prizes available for customers.
A prize can be a voucher or a quantities of points/stamps (depending on the loyalty scheme that you have running). You can have multiple different prizes of the same type, e.g. three different quantities of points
How do I setup a Prize Draw campaign?
What is your campaign name?
- Please enter the campaign name that you would like users to see advertised in-app, e.g. ‘Spin the Wheel when you spend over X’
When would you like your campaign to start and end?
- Please enter the live dates. During this time, customers making a purchase that meets the conditions of the campaign will be awarded with a spin of the wheel in-app
What is the minimum transaction value required to be eligable to spin the wheel?
- Set the transaction value that you would like customers to spend in order to spin the wheel
What would you like to give away?
- Now it’s time to select the prizes that can be won when a user spins the wheel. You can create up to 3 different prizes, which can either be a voucher for a free item, or a quantity of points/stamps
- Select whether you wish for the first prize to be a quantity of points/stamps or a voucher
- When selecting the quantity of points/stamps, it’s important to think about what this equates to in your loyalty offering. For example, a reward of 1000 points may equate to a free item in the point store, or give the customer a boost to be half way to a free item
What is the probability of a user winning this prize?
- There are two options when selecting the probability of of a user winning each prize - byPercentage or byQuantity
- Setting the prize win rate by percentage means that you are setting the percentage of qualifying transactions that will win that particular prize
- For example, if we had a free item voucher with a percentage win rate for 40%, we are saying that 40% of the qualifying transactions that customers make will be rewarded with that free item voucher
- When you are setting the win rate by percentage, the total win rate across all prizes cannot equal more than 100% (effectively meaning that all purchases would be awarded with a prize)
- If we set a maximum quantity, we are limiting the total number of that particular prize that can be won.
- For example, using the above prize of a free item voucher, we could say that the maximum number of this prize that should be won is 100 vouchers.
- Where the maximum number of a prize is set, our platform will use historical transaction distribution to allocate the prizes at regular intervals.
- Everyone likes to be a winner, so it’s worth having the highest percentage/number of prizes be a low value reward, for example 100 points or 1 stamp. This encourages customers to keep transacting to be able to redeem their winnings
Terms and conditions
- Local regulations often requires that participants in prize draws are able to access the terms and conditions of the draw. To ensure compliance with the regulations, please display the terms and conditions to customers. This could either be digitally (via social media or your website) or they could be printed and displayed at the point of sale in store.
- We have an example template of terms and conditions that can be adapted this purpose.
Please sign in to leave a comment.